1. All supplement benefits are the same when comparing the same plan letter regardless of the company you choose.
2. “Medicare supplement” is synonymous with the term “Medigap”.
3. There are three supplement plans that most agents recommend; they are plans “F”, “N” and “G”.
4. “F” Pays all hospital and doctor bills for medicare approved services that medicare does not pay.
5. “N” Pays all hospital and doctor bills other than a maximum $20 co-payment, and the Medicare Part “B” deductible ($166 in 2016). There is also a $50 copay for ER visits.
6. “G” Pays all hospital and doctor bills for medicare approved services that medicare does not pay except the annual Medicare part “B” deductible ($166 in 2016).
7. Part “D” drug plans are never included in a Medicare supplement and must be purchased separately if required (almost everyone is required to have a Medicare drug plan). Click here for more information about Part “D” prescription drug plans.
8. Always remember, any doctor who accepts Medicare supplement insurance, accepts ANY company’s Medicare supplement policy.
9. Medicare A & B are mandatory to purchase a Medicare supplement.
10. Medicare A & B will be your primary coverage and your Medicare supplement is your secondary.
Find out if our products and services are available in your area: